A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at the border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kodari and Rashuwagadi on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
To renew a Visa you can go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, and Kathmandu.
• A valid Passport and 1 Passport-size photo.
• Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
• Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fees
The following visa fees have come into effect from 17 July 2019 (as per the Nepal Government’s decision made on 26 May 2019.
• 15 Days (Multiple Entries): USD 30
• 30 Days (Multiple Entries): USD 50
• 90 Days (Multiple Entries): USD 125
• Visa Extension (Within Valid Visa Period): USD 3 per day
• Visa Extension (With Multiple Entries): Additional USD 25
• Visa Extension (After Visa Expiration): Late fee USD 5 per day
Please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival at the airport (TIA) if you have not acquired Visa prior to boarding the plane.
Fill in the ' Arrival Card’
Fill in the Online ‘Tourist Visa ‘form (you can fill it up prior to your arrival by visiting our official website Department of Immigration / fill it up using Kiosk machines upon your arrival at the airport). If you fill it from the website, you will get a submission Receipt with a barcode, please print it out and bring it along for acquiring a visa. It works for fifteen days and becomes invalid then after. If so, you will have to fill it up again.
Make payment at the bank according to your visa requirement (15/30/90 Days)
Get the receipt
While you can use different modes of payments (at the visa fees collection counter), we advise you to carry some cash to be on the safe side.
On Arrival Visa Fee at Entry Points
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
Proceed to the Immigration Desk with your online form, payment receipts, and your passport
Hand in your documents to the immigration officer for visa processing. He/she issues visas to you upon his/her satisfaction.